I teach private guitar lessons from my home studio and, separately, group classes at Old Town School Of Folk Music. The information here applies only to my home-office lessons. For OTSFM info, do please visit their website.
I take a fun, individualistic approach to guitar lessons, encouraging my students to choose which songs we work on. I find that this keeps students engaged (and practicing!), and that every song has some new technique or idea to teach us. Students age 13 and up are welcome, at all skill levels. If you’re looking to get started or to take your playing up a notch, or just need to be held accountable for practicing, I can promise a constructive, positive approach! One-hour weekly lessons are recommended; package deals and gift certificates are available.
- $60 for a one-hour private lesson.
- Prepaid packages of four lessons (to be scheduled at any time) are available for $220 (or $55 per one-hour lesson).
- Gift certificates are available; just email me. Developing musicianship makes a great gift!
- If a student cancels a lesson less than 24 hours beforehand, and no other time can be scheduled that week, the student is responsible for payment of that lesson.
- If I cancel a lesson less than 24 hours beforehand, and no other time can be scheduled that week, the student’s next lesson is free. See how that works?
- Students arriving late to a lesson may be held to the original finishing time.
- Lessons are conducted at my home studio in the Ravenswood neighborhood of Chicago. Sorry, no house calls. If you aren’t able to bring your guitar to a lesson, you can use one of mine (right-hand models only).